A bike insurance policy documents your insurance agreement with the insurer. It is the most crucial document and the cornerstone of every claim settlement. The terms and conditions, inclusions and exclusions, and other information about the policy coverage and claims are detailed in your two-wheeler policy document. Additionally, it is a requirement that you carry it with you while riding.
This is how you can obtain a duplicate of your two-wheeler insurance policy.
The Conventional Or Offline Method
Typically, you can obtain a duplicate copy of your two-wheeler insurance policy by taking the following actions:
Notifying the insurer should be the first step after discovering the missing policy copy. Keeping your insurance provider informed will speed up the process so they can immediately begin issuing your duplicate copy. You can contact your insurance provider through email or their toll-free number.
- File An FIR: At a nearby police station, submit a First Information Report (FIR). Give them all the information they require about the policy and any other information that could aid in locating the document. To start the issue process, get the officer in charge to attest the FIR copy, then give it to the insurance provider.
- Publicize It In The Newspaper: If necessary, you can also advertise to spread the word in the region where the insurance policy was lost. Some insurance companies demand that you place a newspaper ad. The advertisement must typically include your phone number and other pertinent information. Additionally, some businesses might have a specific template for the required advertising.
- Sign An Indemnity Bond: Create an indemnity bond in favour of your insurance company on stamp paper, and then have it notarized. This is necessary to safeguard the insurer from any losses that might be sustained due to the misplaced policy copy. It will also specify that if the original document turns up later, you will give it to the insurer.
- Submit An Application: Contact your bike insurance provider to request a duplicate copy. Give them all the information, including the policy number, policyholder name, policy length, etc.
The entire planet has switched to digital. With the click of a button, you can purchase anything from a refrigerator to a tube of toothpaste online. Through their digital initiatives, insurance companies have made purchasing and carrying out your Bajaj Allianz bike insurance renewal much easier, comparing and even applying for a duplicate copy.
By following these easy steps, you can apply for a duplicate copy of your two-wheeler insurance online:
- Go to the website of your insurance company.
- Visit the website’s self-services section.
- Select a policy document.
- Type in the policy number.
- Please check your profile if necessary.
- Your policy document will be downloaded on your device following post-verification.
- This electronic version is highly valid and may be used for upcoming claims and renewals. ^
By following these easy steps, you can be sure that your policy document will be issued quickly. This will guarantee easy access to bike insurance checking online without running the risk of losing them.
^ Claims are subject to terms and conditions set forth under a comprehensive two-wheeler insurance policy.
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.